Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Antsy

April 10th was the last day I actually saw a patch of snow on the ground here at Elder House.  One secluded spot at the far southern end of the parking lot shielded by a board fence.  That pile was almost black when it finally melted all the way.  Remnants of many parking lot plowings..  It was so grungy that the neighborhood children were no longer tempted to climb it or use it for snow ball batter.  Personally, I'm glad it's done.

However the weather has been dicking around with all of us since then.  Two weeks of rain.  Well, at least some rain every day for fourteen days in a row.  And, yes, that seriously hinders the ability of a certain crippled old geek to venture outdoors.  Food and pharmaceuticals be damned.  Grey drizzly skies are hideous.  Nothing is green and no buds are evident.  Trees and bushes all still look dead.  The winter's crop of dog shit is rampant.

Someday sweet weather will arrive.  Til then this stuff sucks.  I hate waiting.

Two weeks ago was another doctor's appointment,  I stood my ground through my tears and demanded/pleaded/begged for an improved prescription ritual and several "permanent medical supply" items that I feel I now require.  Two weeks later and one of the prescriptions was approved and already I notice about a 10% improvement in my day.  Meanwhile I am suffering without the other needed items.

Someday they may arrive.  Til then this sucks.  I hate waiting.

My dear friend has encouraged me to develop a support system that will be aware of my situation and advocate on my behalf.  I have tried and will continue to try.  The lack of agencies to communicate with one another boggles me.  Their lack of ability to simply relay information is shameful.  Errors are usual and expected.  Emails are not accepted and phone calls are rarely returned.  Buck passing and blaming others discourage anything positive from happening. 

Someday they may learn to play well with one another.  Til then this sucks.  I hate waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment