Thursday, April 4, 2013

It Ain't Me, Babe

Kevin Ware and I have absolutely nothing in common.
He is a young, talented Black athlete.
I am an ancient, crippled White broad.
When I saw the photo of his injury I gasped.


This catastrophe is what I imagine happening to myself every time I try to walk.
Even though I know the chances of that occurring are nil, however that is how afraid that amount of pain makes me.
I am paralyzed by the pain and the possibility of more.
Perhaps Mr. Ware had some underlying cause for his injury.  In that case I hope he sues the beejeezuz out of anyone who knew and didn't take better care of him.
I saw an interview of him speaking, smiling, and up on crutches.
Obviously he is a much better man than I.
I hope he is dunced out on extremely powerful meds for as long as he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment